Amanda Harry, MSW, RSW
Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist
As a helping professional and mother of two young children, I understand that taking care of others, responding to constant crisis at work and juggling responsibilities at home can leave you on high alert, feeling disconnected, exhausted, resentful and lost in your sense of self.
I am an experienced Social Work practitioner who believes in a holistic approach to well-being. I specialize in maternal mental health, supporting first responders and frontline workers and those who are survivors of abuse and trauma.
I work with clients to build resiliency and a sense of empowerment whilst sharing the skills to generate internal strength, calm, confidence and reduce stress, anxiety, fear and depression.
When not working, I am a hands on mom. I enjoy playing with my two kids, which currently involves hockey, lego, reading and wrestling. In my spare time, I escape to my yoga practice, bicycle or rowing machine.
Diamond Winner, Marriage, Family & Individual Couselling
Welland Tribune Readers’ Choice Awards 2022
Amanda practices trauma-informed therapy, based in mindfulness and self-compassion. She takes time getting to know each of her clients and will tailor a treatment plan based on your unique needs and goals.
Amanda is trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches, including:
- Evidence-Based and Trauma-Informed Interventions
- Resilience-Based Psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Internal Family Systems, Ego State and Parts Work
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Acute Stress Syndrome Stabilization (ASSYST)
- Group Crisis Intervention & Assisting Individuals in Crisis (CISM)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Self Compassion (MBSR)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Mindful Parenting
- Positive Psychology
Amanda’s professional career spans two decades and two continents. She began by working in women’s shelters, sexual assault centres, community counselling organizations and a children’s help phone line.
For a number of years, Amanda worked as a Child Protection Officer in one of the most underprivileged areas of London, England. She went on to manage a local Safeguarding Children’s Board where her role included overseeing Multi Agency Child Protection Training, Policy and Practice as well as Child Death Overview Reporting and Serious Case Reviews. While studying for her Executive Coaching Qualification, Amanda worked as the Assistant Director of Social Care and Partnerships for a national UK charity.
More recently, Amanda has turned her focus to private practice, providing counselling and psychotherapy to individuals across Ontario.
- University of Toronto, Master’s Degree, Social Work
- McMaster University, Bachelor of Social Work and Bachelor of Sociology Degrees
- Goldsmith’s University of London, Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Social Work Practice Education
- The Performance Coach (TPC Leadership), Executive Coach and Leadership Development Coaching Practitioner Certification
- University of California, San Diego, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Qualification
- The Tavistock Centre, London, Nurturing Parent: Mindfulness and Well-Being Facilitator
- Postpartum Support International Maternal Mental Health Professional Training Certificate
- Dr Amanda Bell and Associates, Certified EMDR practitioner
- Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- The Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation
Book a Free Consultation
Reach out and book a free 15-min consultation today!
Get in Touch
Have more questions or just want to get in touch?
Use the form below to send me a message.